1. There are no secrets, lessons of achieving success are easily available from the Internet and in the library. There are spiritual teachers who are willing to share their wisdom with you if you are willing to learn and there are gems of wisdom found in many great books.
2. Simple formula for success: “Seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened, ask and you shall receive!”
3. Be true to yourself and others. “Sincerity is the highest mark of a man.” and “Integrity is the essence of everything.”
4. Leverage. The highest form of leverage is EDUCATION. “If you are so SMART why aren’t you RICH? ” Being SMART is doing the things right, being WISE is doing the right things right! Education is the process of discovery.
5. Success is a process. It is a function of correction. Even with the latest technology the success rate in the oil drilling industry is about 10% which means you have to go through nine empty oil wells before you find an oil well with oil! If you are a real estate agent, in a normal market, you have to show your house to 5 to 10 customers before you make a sale. It is proven and tested that most sales were made on the 7th call but most people give up before the 5th call!
6. Take action! “The only failure is the FAILURE TO PARTICIPATE. Talk is cheap, don’t tell me, show me! Be willing to do whatever it takes ethically to achieve your dreams!
7. Give. To live is to give and to give is to live. Giving is living and receiving and forgiving. Learn to let go and forgive. “One of the biggest obstacles to learning is ego!” You have heard this saying many times: “To err is human, to forgive, divine.” You reap what you sow and it will come back to you in many fold!
8. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the cause of it all?” For things to change first you must change! Take responsibility for your results. You are where you are today it is because of your past thoughts, words and actions! If you want a better life, think positive thoughts, say positive words and take positive actions!
9. Precession. Everything happens for a reason and every cause there is an effect and side effects. Little acts or words of kindness can have a positive chain effect and goes a long way! Pay it forward, when you know something good it is your moral obligation to share.
10.What do you really want? Clarity leads to power. If you don’t know where you want to go any road will take you there! All successful people are very clear on where they want to go and what they want to achieve. When you are very clear on what you are living for, you will be living a meaningful life!
11. “You are what you think” Read the book “As A Man Thinketh” by James Allen.
“Mind is the Master-power that moulds and makes,
And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes
The tool of Thought, and, shaping what he wills,
Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills: –
He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass:
Environment is but his looking-glass.
12. Beliefs. You cannot go against your core values and beliefs. What do you believe? What are the empowering and disempowering thoughts in your mind right now? Yes, you are what you think and your life is the result of your beliefs. If you want to live a better life than you must work on breaking free from your limiting beliefs!
A great way to help yourself is to read good books and mix with good people. Charlie Tremendous Jones said that five years from today the difference in your life will be because of the books you read and the people you meet!