After the petrol hike (RM0.78 or 40%), we will be expecting a rise in Electricity Bill. I had done some research on this topic and found some interesting and useful tips to save electricity bill.
- Keep your refrigerator at 37°- 40° F and your freezer at 5°F.
- Keep your refrigerator filled to capacity
- Vacuum the condenser coils (underneath or behind the unit) every three months or so.
- Do not put uncovered liquids in the refrigerator. The liquids give off vapors that add to the compressor workload.
- Allow hot food to cool off before putting it in the refrigerator.
- Plan ahead and remove all ingredients for each meal at one time.
- Reduce your refrigeration electricity usage by 40 percent by replacing a 12-year-old or older unit with a new unit. An Energy Star® unit will lower usage even more.
- Select a refrigerator or freezer that is just large enough for your needs
- Look for energy-saving features such as the power-saver switch and improved insulation materials.
- Use the self-cleaning cycle only for major cleaning jobs. Start the cycle right after cooking while the oven is still hot
- Use your microwave oven whenever possible, as it draws less than half the power of its conventional oven counterpart and cooks for a much shorter amount of time.
- Rearrange oven shelves before turning your oven on – and don’t peek at food in the oven! Every time you open the oven door, 25°-50°F is lost.
- Wash only full loads of dishes – but do not overload dishwasher.
- Scrape food off dishes and rinse them with cold water before placing them in the dishwasher.
- Soak or pre-wash only in the cases of burned-on or dried-on foods.
- Follow detergent instructions carefully. Adding too much detergent actually hampers effective washing action and may require more energy in the form of extra rinses.
- Set the washing machine temperature to cold or warm and the rinse temperature to cold as often as possible.
- Wash only full loads of clothing- but do not overload machine.
- Hang your laundry outside when weather permits.
- Clean the lint filter thoroughly after each use.
Reference from email@example.com
Technorati Tags: save electricity